- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Ice Caving & Glacier Walk
- Glacier Lagoon & Diamond Beach
- Black beaches of Vík and Reynisfjara
- Northern Lights hunting
You do not need to spend a long time in Iceland to discover the great diversity of its natural wonders. In only two days this tour takes you to many of the country's highlights including the renowned Glacier Lagoon, Jökulsárlón, the majestic glaciers of the South Coast the beautiful waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss. On top of the stunning scenery you will experience the exciting activities of glacier walking and a tour into the Ice Caves of Europe’s largest glacier. We spend the night at a brand new 4 star hotel in the country side, the perfect spot to experience the northern lights!
Day 1: Reykjavik – Glacier walk - Skaftafell
Pick up betwenn 8:15 and 8:45 by your guide and driver at your accommodation. We leave the capital heading east towards the picturesque south coast. The more east we get the more stunning the scenery becomes, numerous waterfalls that tumbles down from steep cliffs, giant glaciers and vast black deserts form sharp contrast. On the way we will stop for an exciting glacier walk with on the glacier Sólheimajökull or Svínafellsjökull. We arrive in Vatnajökull National park where we take a walk up to the beautiful waterfall Svartifoss enclosed by basalt columns before reaching our comfortable hotel in time for dinner (not included). In the evening we will be on the lookout for the magical lights of the winter sky, the Aurora Borealis, hoping they will make an appearance for us.
Day 2: Icebergs and Ice Caves
After breakfast we continue further east to Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon filled with huge floating icebergs that have broken off from the glacier. After having admired this spectacle of ice and water we will have an adventurous trip into a one of the ice caves of Vatnajökull Europe’s largest glacier. In the afternoon we start our journey back to Reykjavik. On the way we take time to ramble along the black beach of Reynisfjara, being aware of the huge and powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean, and to take a close look at the beautiful waterfalls Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss before returning to Reykjavik in late afternoon/early evening.
This schedule may change due to weather and conditions.
Certified Tour Operator:
Icelandic Mountain Guides
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 13 years old
- Maximum 16 participants
- Qualified driver guide
- Transportation in a 4-wheel drive minibus
- Accommodation at a 4-star hotel with breakfast (price is based on double room, single passengers and groups with odd numbers must pay a single supplement to have a single room during the tour)
- Glacier Walk and an Ice Cave tour (from November – March)
- Lunch & Dinner
- Outdoor clothing
- Hiking boots
What to bring:
- View list below
- Light hiking boots
- Thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic
- Wind and waterproof jacket and pants, Hiking pants
- Gloves, Warm socks, Warm hats
- Extra warm jacket / parka for cold days (winter)
- Small backpack for clothes and items used during the day – 20L (1200 cu in), Water bottle
- Sunglasses and sun protection (summer & spring)
- Casual clothes / change of clothes
- Prescription medication and other personal health items
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc
- Swim suit (depends on tour)
- Walking pole(s), Sun/rain Hat or a Cap
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films
- 7:30 AM
- 08.00 AM
- Weekdays and Weekends (from Nov-Mar)
- Double room in a guesthouse in Reykjavík, one night before and one night after the trip - 15,750 ISK per person.
- Double room in a three star hotel in Reykjavík, one night before and one night after the trip - 21,100 ISK per person.
- Single room in a guesthouse in Reykjavík, one night before and one night after the trip - 24,500 ISK.
- Single room in a three star hotel in Reykjavík, one night before and one night after the trip - 36,000 ISK.
- Supplement for single room during the tour- 11,500 ISK per person.
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Shadows of Vatnajökull
East Iceland Trekking tour from the deserted farmland of the eastern coves, through the wilderness east of Vatnajökull glacier and to Skaftafell.
- 4 day trekking adventure tour
- Hiking East wilderness
- Operated from Egilsstaðir
Adventure Surf Tour
A tour designed to find and chase the best possible waves in Iceland.
- Tour & surf guide for 5 days
- Surfing around Iceland
- All surf gear & meals included
- All year
This hike over Fimmvörðuháls is probably the best known in Iceland - this popular trail marks the sighting of the first phase of the 2010 eruption of Eyjafjallajökull.
- 3 day Fimmvörðuháls hike
- Iceland's most popular hike
- Astonishing landscape & nature
Surf & Snow Tour
Our surf & snow trip is the board rider’s dream; surf, ride and explore new turf with great guides in spectacular surroundings.
- 5 days surfing & snowboarding
- Surfing gear & meals included
- Geothermal pools & hot springs