- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- RIB boat action
- Whale Watching
- Puffin Watching
- Colorful Bird life
Experience the wildlife and nature adventure of a lifetime on our most personal whale watching tour. Our custom made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and puffins than any other tour can offer. These fast, stable and safe boats allow us to cover more area as we search for the wild life, thus increasing your chances of spotting whales, dolphins and bird life. This great whale watching tour starts from the old harbor of Reykjavik but during the puffin season we firstly visit the puffins in their natural habitat on the islands of the nearby bay. Next we head out in search of whales. Few things will beach this personal and up close experience of seeing whales and dolphins from our RIB boats. After our whales safari we travel back to Reykjavik. Here we will sail along the shoreline of the city, experiencing a unique view from the sea (perfect for photos). Our boats will take you past the Sun Voyager sculpture and the harbor side of Iceland's most famous building, the glittering Harpa Concert Hall.
Certified Tour Operator:
- April 15th to October 31st
- Rated 3 out of 5 or Moderate
- Yes (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- 10 years old (145 cm)
- 12:1 per guide
- Guided whale and puffin watching tour on a 12 seat RIB boat
What to bring:
- Bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater
- Some warm head gear and gloves
- Sturdy shoes are recommended
- 45 minutes before departure.
- 10:00 & 11:00 AM, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 & 20:00 PM
- Every day (from Whale Safari/Reykjavik old harbor)
Good to know:
- Departure times and dates: From the 15th of April to the 31st of May two departures a day at 10:00 and 14:00. From the 1st of June to the 31st of June four departures a day at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00. From the 1st of July to the 31st of August seven departures a day at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 and an evening departure at 20:00. From the 1st of September to the 31st of October two departures a day at 10:00 and 14.00.
- Please note: This tour may not be suitable for pregnant women. Consult your doctor before signing up. This tour may not be suitable for those with history of back problems or back injury. Consult your doctor before signing up. This tour may not be suitable for those over the age of 65 years. Puffin season is from approximately the 15th of May - 20th of August.
- Keep in mind we are located at the Old Harbor in Reykjavik, easily within walking (0-15 min) distance from all hotels located in zip code #101 downtown Reykjavík. We encourage you to walk, for the environment and for your health :)
- Cancellations due to weather: We sometimes need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area. In such an event we will offer you three choices. The most fun one: rebook your tour at a later date with out any additional costs. The next one: if our bigger sightseeing ships are sailing (they sail in more wind then the RIB boats) we can book you there and refund you the difference. Or finally...a full refund. :)
- Minimum 2 participants requirement when booking
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Horse Riding & Farmlife
Enjoy riding the Icelandic horse in the countryside while exploring the stunning nature of Iceland.
- Enjoy a day horse riding
- Countryside, nature & farmlife
- Lunch & coffee included
- All Year
Horse Ride & Blue Lagoon
Enjoy a two hour Horse Riding tour in the charming countryside and visit the extraordinary Blue Lagoon afterwards.
- Horse riding in countryside
- Approximately 2 hours riding
- Visit the Blue Lagoon (optional)
- All year
Snorkeling & Whales
Snorkeling Silfra fissure rift valley's followed by Whale watching tour by old Reykjavik harbor.
- Snorkeling & Whale watching
- Scenic underground canyon's
- Whale watching from Reykjavik
Diving & Whale Watching
Between June and August we offer the Dive Silfra & Whale Watching combo tour. First go scuba diving in Silfra and then get ready for whale watching from Reykjavik bay area.
- Diving & Whale watching
- Silfra fissure rift valleys
- Whale watching from Reykjavik