- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Abundance of puffins
- Colorful bird life
- Great photo shoot opportunities
The tour is a fun and easy adventure on a boat. A guide will meet you on board one of our smaller boats, which are docked at the floating pier in front of the Whale Watching Center. Depending on the tides and conditions on the islands our captains will take you to either Akurey or Lundey.
What to expect? The islands are well known for their plentiful bird life and in addition to puffins you have the opportunity to view other birds such as eider ducks, arctic terns, guillemots and cormorants. The island's shores are rocky but our captains know the best spots to get closer to the puffins in their natural habitat. If the weather is right we might even turn off the engines so that you can enjoy the nature better and listen to the bird's calls. During the tour the crew will tell you interesting facts and tales about the puffins and the surroundings.
Travel tip: This tour is only available during summer. The puffins arrive in May and leave late August.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Yes (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- 7 years old
- Use of raincoats
- Use of binoculars
- Guided tour
What to bring:
- Dress warmly
- 30 minutes before departure
- 9:30 AM , 12:00 & 15:00 PM
- Every day (from Reykjavik old harbor)
Good to know:
- ✓ As the birds are small in size, we recommend bringing a tripod and a good zoom lens for 'close up' photography and/or binoculars (also available to lend on board).
- ✓ Note that as Puffins are wild animals we cannot control their behavior or how many we will see. It’s good to check the tides before the tour as we can get closer to the islands on high tides.
- ✓ Tour area: Our puffin watching tours focus on the islands Akurey and Lundey that are known for their plentiful bird life.
- ✓ Depending on the tides and conditions on the islands the captain decides each morning which island to sail towards.
- ✓ The islands' shores are rocky but our captains know the best spots to get close to the puffins in their natural habitat.
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Horse Riding & Whales
Combo horse riding tour in the Icelandic countryside & Whale Watching from Reykjavik old harbor.
- Horse riding & Whale watching
- Experience the Icelandic horse
- Chase whales from Reykjavik
- Mars - Nov
Diving & Whale Watching
Between June and August we offer the Dive Silfra & Whale Watching combo tour. First go scuba diving in Silfra and then get ready for whale watching from Reykjavik bay area.
- Free pickup
- Diving Silfra fissure rift valleys
- Whale watching from Reykjavik
Reykjavik Whale Watching
A classic Whale Watching tour from Reykjavik old harbor. Spend the day watching whales at sea, in their natural habitat, and then learning more about them in the largest whale exhibition in Europe!
- Whale watching from Reykjavik
- Guide & use of warm overalls
- Whale exhibition center access
- All Year
Húsavík Whale Watching
Húsavík is renowned for having some of the best sight conditions for whale watching in Iceland. Enjoy a classic whale watching tour in north Iceland!
- Favorable sight conditions
- Skjálfandi bay area
- Meet on location - Húsavík
- Spring, Summer & Fall