- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- RIB boat action
- Whale Watching
- Puffin Watching
- Colorful Bird life
Experience the wildlife and nature adventure of a lifetime on our most personal whale watching tour. Our custom made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and puffins than any other tour can offer. These fast, stable and safe boats allow us to cover more area as we search for the wild life, thus increasing your chances of spotting whales, dolphins and bird life.
What to expect? Tours in Reykjavik who start from old harbor area. We start with a visit to the puffins (season from early May to late August) in their natural habitat on the islands of the nearby bay. Next we head out in search of whales. Few things will beach this personal and up close experience of seeing whales and dolphins from our RIB boats. After our whale safari we travel back to Reykjavik, along the shoreline of the city, experiencing a unique view from the sea. Our boats will take you past the Sun Voyager sculpture and the harbor side of Iceland's most famous building, the glittering Harpa Concert Hall.
Travel tip: Combine sightseeing wildlife with some thrill & excitement from Reykjavik neighboring bay area.
- April 15th to October 31st
- Rated 3 out of 5 or Moderate
Meet on Location:
- Yes (Reykjavik old harbor)
- 10 years old (145 cm)
- 12:1 per guide
- Guided whale and puffin watching tour on a 12 seat RIB boat
What to bring:
- Bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater
- Some warm head gear and gloves
- Sturdy shoes are recommended
- 45 minutes before departure.
- 10:00 & 11:00 AM, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 & 20:00 PM
- Every day (Reykjavik old harbor)
Good to know:
- ✓ Departure times and dates: From the 15th of April to the 31st of May two departures a day at 10:00 and 14:00.
- ✓ From the 1st of June to the 31st of June four departures a day at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00. From the 1st of July to the 31st of August seven departures a day at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 and an evening departure at 20:00.
- ✓ From the 1st of September to the 31st of October two departures a day at 10:00 and 14.00.
- ✓ Please note: This tour may not be suitable for pregnant women. Consult your doctor before signing up. This tour may not be suitable for those with history of back problems or back injury. Consult your doctor before signing up.
- ✓ This tour may not be suitable for those over the age of 65 years.
- ✓ Puffin season is from approximately the 15th of May - 20th of August.
- ✓ Keep in mind we are located at the Old Harbor in Reykjavik, easily within walking (0-15 min) distance from downtown Reykjavik.
- ✓ Cancellations due to weather: We sometimes need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area.
- ✓ In such an event we will offer you three choices: 1. Re-book, 2. Book other tours and get the difference refunded, 3. Full refund.
- ✓ Minimum 2 participants requirement when booking
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Horse Ride & Golden Circle
Get acquainted with the sure-footed and good-nature Icelandic horse and go afterwards on a tour to see Iceland's most visited attractions known as the Golden Circle.
- Free pickup
- Guided horse riding tour
- Golden Circle attractions
- All year
Horse Riding - Afternoon
A horse riding afternoon tour in neighboring Reykjavik greater area with beautiful landscape, craters and nature. Pickup & drop off from Reykjavik included.
- Free pickup
- Beautiful landscape & craters
- Taste of Icelandic food
- All year
Akureyri Whale Watching
A great value, family friendly whale watching tour from down town Akureyri!
- Whale watching from Akureyri
- Multiple departures
- Family friendly
- All Year
Diving & Whale Watching
Between June and August we offer the Dive Silfra & Whale Watching combo tour. First go scuba diving in Silfra and then get ready for whale watching from Reykjavik bay area.
- Free pickup
- Diving Silfra fissure rift valleys
- Whale watching from Reykjavik