- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Most stunning attractions of North Iceland
- Dettifoss & Goðafoss waterfalls
- Mývatn lake & hot spring area
- Dimmuborgir lava fields
- Mývatn Nature Baths
First we drive along the coast of Eyjafjordur. We begin by stopping at Goðafoss waterfall on our way to Lake Mývatn. The lake was created by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago, and the surrounding landscape is dominated by volcanic landforms, including lava pillars and rootless vents. We stop in Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters) on the way to the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir which are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Mývatn area. We also go to Grjótagjá Rift, an old natural bathing spot filled with naturally heated water coming out of a rift. We will stop at Selfoss waterfall and Dettifoss, one of the most powerful waterfall in Europe. You get the chance to take a bathe in the geothermal water. After the stop in the nature baths we drive back to Akureyri. Our last stop is in Eyjafjordur where you can see over the fjord to Akureyri. We limit the group size to be able to give you a better and a more personal experience.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Yes (Only from Akureyri)
- Transportation and Guide
- Pick up upon a request
- Entrance to Mývatn Nature Baths
- Meals & drinks
What to bring:
- Lunch (stops are also made where you can buy lunch)
- Swimsuits and a towel (for Mývatn Nature Baths), If you don’t have swimsuits it can be rented.
- 8:45 AM
- 09:00 AM
- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
Good to know:
- We limit the group size to be able to give you a better and a more personal experience. Note: Tour is weather and road conditions. This may result in change of schedule or cancellation of the tour.
- Entrance fee to the Nature Baths - ISK 4,300 p. pers, Entrance for children 12 years and younger accompanied by parents. - free
Book this tour
Why choose us?
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Enjoy the breathtaking volcanoes, glaciers and unspoiled nature of Þórsmörk, the hiker’s paradise!
- Guided Super Jeep tour
- Volcanoes and glaciers
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall stop
- All Year
Iceland's Highest Summit
To stand on Iceland’s highest peak and cast your eyes over the land is an unforgettable experience!
- Hike Iceland's highest summit
- Panoramic views
- Meet on location - Skaftafell
Wonders of Reykjanes
Explore Reykjanes peninsula; hot springs, lava fields and make a stop at the Blue Lagoon if you choose to...
- Guided Bus tour from Reykjavík
- Lava fields, Hot Springs, Mud Pots & Blue Lagoon (admission not included)
- All year
The Volcano Ride - Biking
Three day all mountain tour around mountain Hekla, one of the most active volcanoes on earth with a visit to the colorful highland area of Landmannalaugar.
- 3 day volcano bike riding
- Hekla volcano grounds
- Highlands of Landmannalaugar