- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Magnificent South Coast tour
- Reynisfjara black sandy beach
- Seljalandsfoss & Skógafoss waterfalls
- Glacier hiking
- Glacier Lagoon & Diamond Beach
This is an overnight tour along the South Coast, all the way to Jökulsarlón glacier lagoon. A glacier hike is included, and you get the chance to sail on the glacier lagoon. See glaciers, black sand beaches and see the icebergs up close. One of our bestsellers. Operated in a minibus. An optional boat tour on the glacier lagoon is available during summer, from May - Sept.
Day 1 - South Coast & Black Sand
Our two-day tour takes us along the beautiful south shore of Iceland. Our tour takes us over the river Thjorsa which is the longest river in Iceland, around 230 kilometers long, where around 370 cubic meters of water flows per second. Several large hydroelectric plants are located around Thjorsa River. In good weather we can see the central volcanoes Hekla and Tindfjoll.But our first stop is at Seljalandsfoss, a very photogenic waterfall that plunges from ancient sea cliffs down over 60 m to a shallow pool. It is possible to take a walk behind the waterfall and enjoy the beautiful scenery from there. The water comes from the infamous volcano and glacier Eyjafjallajökull. Our next stop will be at Skogar where we will see the Skogafoss Waterfall. It's also 60 m in height and is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iceland. Make note of another secret keeper: Myrdalsjokull Glacier is hiding Katla. She's a very explosive and active volcano. Our next stop will be at the village of Vik where you will find a black sand beach with some fantastic sights such as the picturesque basalt column formations and the magnificent Reynisdrangar sea stacks.
The longest bridge in Iceland (900 m) is over one of those areas of glacial floods. After that we go to Skaftafell Nature Reserve in the Vatnajokull National Park, where we'll have a short stop. The glacier tongues there give the national park a majestic fairy tale scenery. The longest bridge in Iceland (900 m) is over one of those areas of glacial floods. After that we go to Skaftafell Nature Reserve in the Vatnajokull National Park, where we'll have a short stop. The glacier tongues there give the national park a majestic fairy tale scenery. After we have enjoyed the lagoon with its icebergs we will drive to our accommodation at Country Hotel Gerði. Free WiFi is available in the dining room, and the restaurant uses mainly local products on the menu. Breakfast is included in the price. We enjoy dinner upon arrival (not included in tour price).
Day 2 - Glaciers & Icebergs
After breakfast we spend more time at Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon where it is possible to buy a 40-minute boat ride among icebergs of all shapes. We also take a walk alongside the lake and on the black sand shores and look for seals which may be spotted in the lagoon. The estimated arrival time back to Reykjavik is between 19:00 and 21:00. We usually stop for a quick late afternoon or early evening snack on the way. We hope you have had the time of your life with us! The magnificence of Iceland's nature is more than likely to stir your sense of wonder :)
- All Year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 10 years old
- 18 persons maximum for this tour
- Pickup & transportation in a mini-bus
- English speaking guide
- Accommodation, breakfast
- Glacier hiking for 1 hour (crampons included).
- Meals are not included (except breakfast)
What to bring:
- Warm clothes (waterproof parka, warm hat & warm gloves, wool or fleece sweater / jacket, NO jeans or trainers),
- You need real hiking shoes for the glacier hike, that have a thick sole and cover your ankle. We provide the ice crampons, and they cannot be attached to normal shoes.
- 9:00 AM
- 09:30 AM
- Every day
- Rent hiking shoes (non refundable) - ISK 1,000 p. pers.
- Amphibian Boat Tour on the glacier lagoon (Adults 13+) - ISK 5,500 p. pers.
- Amphibian Boat Tour on the glacier lagoon (Children 6-12) - ISK 2,000 p. pers.
Good to know:
- Glacier trips are undertaken at the responsibility of the participants. We do not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers.
- It can happen that the glacier hike is cancelled because of weather and/or safety reasons. Then we will find other activities when possible, and refund the cost of the glacier hike.