- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Snorkeling Silfra Fissure
- Whale watching tour from Reykjavik old harbor
- Spot humpback, mink, fin whales and dolphins
Do two popular Iceland tours in one day. Between the 15th of May and the 15th of September we offer this combo tour in which we snorkel through Silfra and then go whale watching. This tour is for snorkelers that want to make the most out of a day Iceland. We will pick you up at your hotel in the morning and drive with you to the National Park Thingvellir where we will go snorkeling in Silfra. Afterwards we will drive back to Reykjavik and drop you off at the harbor, where you will have the time to eat something before you get on the whale watching boat. It’s an unforgettable trip into the world of whales and sea birds. The various types of whales commonly sighted include mink whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises and the popular humpback whales. You will be accompanied by sea birds such as gannets, guillemots, cormorants, arctic terns, and many more. The trip also takes you past several islands inhabited by colonies of puffins, which provides a great photo opportunity!
What to expect? Two Iceland tours combined into one solid program. Start your day with a visit to the underground waters of Silfra Fissure and then head for a sightseeing whale watching tour from Reykjavik old harbor.
Travel tip: Go under-and-above the waters in Iceland.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
Meet on Location:
- 16 years old
- 6:1 per guide (more people on Whale watching tour)
- Guided snorkeling trip
- Guided whale watching tour
- All necessary equipment
- Hot chocolate & cookies after Snorkeling in Silfra
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
What to bring:
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Pick up in Reykjavík 1.5 hours before departure
- 08:30 AM
- Every day
- Pickup is available for extra cost of ISK 6,100 per person.
Good to know:
- ✓ Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement.
- ✓ Please read the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour.
- ✓ Minimum of 2 participants to operate. Maximum of 6 participants per guide - for this tour.
- ✓ Be physically fit
- ✓ Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- ✓ Having read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Medical Statement
- ✓ Be at minimum 45 kg / maximum 120 kg
- ✓ Be at minimum 14 years of age
- ✓ Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- ✓ Be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- ✓ Not be pregnant
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Diving & Horse Riding
This day trip in Iceland is available from 1st of April to 30th of September. Go diving in the crystal clear waters of Silfra and enjoy a horse riding tour in Icelandic nature and countryside.
- Free pickup
- Deep waters of Silfra
- Horse riding tour
Diving & Golden Circle
On these Iceland day trips we will enjoy diving in the crystal clear waters of Silfra and visit the famous sights of the Golden Circle route.
- Free pickup
- Clear waters of Silfra fissure
- Golden Circle attractions
- All year
Snorkeling Silfra Tour
Iceland adventure tour - float between two continental plates, surrounded by the astonishing clarity of the water and the mesmerizing colors of this underwater world.
- Meet on location tour
- Snorkel in crystal clear waters
- Hot chocolate and cookies
- All year
Private Diving & Snorkeling
Iceland guided tours - we can offer private diving or snorkeling tours with your personal guide and vehicle. These tours can be custom-made and include elements that are not part of the regular tour.
- Private Diving or Snorkeling tour
- Personal guide & driver
- Silfra fissure rift valley's
- All year