- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Snorkeling in crystal clear waters of Silfra
- Floating between continental plates
- Rift volcanic valley's
- Unique experience
You don’t need to be a certified diver in order to experience water at its clearest! Snorkeling Silfra is for everyone who feels comfortable in water and is ready for a fantastic snorkeling adventure. On this tour you’ll explore the four main parts of Silfra. You’ll float through Silfra’s narrowest section “Big Crack”, where the continental plates are so close you can almost touch them. As the fissure widens you find yourself in the magical Silfra Hall where the full spectrum of Silfra’s colors and clarity become all more apparent. You then enter the Silfra Cathedral, near to the opening to Þingvallavatn, as the depth reaches 23 meters you feel like you are flying over the boulders and glacial silt. The snorkel tour ends in the endless visibility of the Silfra Lagoon.
We offer daily snorkeling tours at Silfra where you can explore, relax and float between two continental plates, in the rift valley’s of Silfra with tendering clarity of the water and the mesmerizing colors of this magical underwater world.You don’t need to be a certified diver in order to experience the snorkeling Silfra tour! This tour is for everyone to enjoy who feels at ease and comfortable in water and is truly an amazing adventure for the whole family.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Yes (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- 14 years old
- 6:1 per guide
- Guided snorkeling tour
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra
What to bring:
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Pickup is scheduled from 07:00 AM & 15:30 PM
- 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM & 13:00 PM (Meet on location)
- 08:30 AM & 17:00 PM (Pickup available/extra cost)
- Every day
Good to know:
- Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement.
- Pick up service is available only for certain tours, please choose carefully. Pick up service costs an additional 5.000,- ISK.
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours from the time of pick up in Reykjavík to the time of drop off.
- If you choose to drive yourself to Silfra, you can expect to be with us for about 3 hours.
- You will be in the water for around 30-40 minutes and the remaining time is needed for getting in and out of the gear.
- *Be physically fit
- *Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- *Having read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Medical Statement
- *Be at minimum 45 kg / maximum 120 kg
- *Be at minimum 14 years of age
- *Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- *Be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- *Not be pregnant
- *Minimum of 2 participants
- *Maximum of 6 participants per guide
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Diving & Golden Circle
On this Iceland day trip we will enjoy diving in the crystal clear waters of Silfra and visit the famous sights of the Golden Circle route.
- Diving & Golden Circle
- Extraordinary waters of Silfra
- Þingvellir, Gullfoss & Geysir
- All year
Dark side of Óshlíð
Sea kayaking trip under the steep mountainside of Óshlíð in the West fjords - with it's sheer pinnacles rising from the sea.
- 5-6 hour kayaking tour
- Sea kayaking in West fjords
- Mountain side of Óshlíð
- All year
Private Diving & Snorkeling
We can offer private diving or snorkeling tours with your personal guide and vehicle. These tours can be custom-made and include elements that are not part of the regular tour.
- Private Diving or Snorkeling tour
- Personal guide & driver
- Silfra fissure rift valley's
- All year
Diving & Horse Riding
This day tour in Iceland is available from 1st of April to 30th of September. Go diving in the crystal clear waters of Silfra and enjoy a horse riding tour in Icelandic nature and countryside.
- Diving & Horse Riding
- Deep waters of Silfra
- Horse riding experience