- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Snorkeling clear waters of Silfra fissure
- Float in between tectonic plates
- Once in a lifetime experience
Snorkeling Iceland adventure tours in Silfra fissure. Snorkeling Silfra is truly an otherworldly experience with scenery that is famous for its blissful shades of blue. In crystal clear waters, Silfra fissure gives you a feeling of being weightless as you float with the drowsy current. This snorkeling trip is both exotic and relaxing in environment that most people will only encounter in their dreams.
What to expect? During your snorkel you will explore the four main parts of Silfra. You will float through Big Crack, Silfra’s narrowest section and where the continental plates are so close you can almost touch them. The fissure then widens into Silfra Hall. Here the full spectrum of Silfra’s colours and clarity become all the more apparent. At this point if you look at just the right angle you can see all the way to lake Thingvallavatn, over 150m away. Near to the opening to Thingvellir lake we will enter the Silfra Cathedral; as the depth reaches 23m you feel like you are flying over the boulders and glacial silt. Your snorkel is finished in the endless visibility of Silfra Lagoon.
Travel tip: Make sure to drink some of the Silfra water while you are snorkeling! Who knows when you will be able to drink water so pure again.
- All year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
Meet on Location:
- 16 years old
- 6:1 per guide
- Free hotel pick up & return (selected stops)
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary equipment
- Hot chocolate & cookies
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
What to bring:
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- 07:30 AM & 14:00 PM
- Every day
Good to know:
- ✓ Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement.
- ✓ Please read the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour.
- ✓ Be physically fit
- ✓ Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- ✓ Having read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Medical Statement
- ✓ Be at minimum 45 kg / maximum 120 kg
- ✓ Be at minimum 14 years of age
- ✓ Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- ✓ Be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- ✓ Not be pregnant
- ✓ Minimum of 2 participants
- ✓ Maximum of 6 participants per guide
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Diving & Golden Circle
On these Iceland day trips we will enjoy diving in the crystal clear waters of Silfra and visit the famous sights of the Golden Circle route.
- Free pickup
- Clear waters of Silfra fissure
- Golden Circle attractions
- All year
Calm Water Kayaking
A wonderful experience for beginners and veterans alike, this Iceland trip takes you paddling just beneath the magnificent mountains that tower over our small town.
- Meet on location tour
- Kayaking in West fjords
- Guide & kayaking gear
- All year
Snorkeling & Horse Riding
This is a great Iceland day tour for the whole family – you do not need experience to snorkel or ride horses, the Icelandic horses are an extremely special and protected breed.
- Free pickup
- Snorkeling in Silfra fissure
- Riding the Icelandic horse
- Summer & Fall