- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Two-day tour around Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Hraunfossar Waterfalls
- 1 Night in a local Guesthouse w/ Breakfast
- The Picturesque Kirkjufell Mountain
- Cave Exploration in Cave Vatnshellir (optional)
- Northern Lights Search
Snaefellsnes peninsula has been given the well deserved nickname "Iceland in miniature". We offer you scenic winter tour with great ocean view, stunning landscape, northern lights hunting and an easy cave exploration in Cave Vatnshellir, making this two-day tour great value for money.
When we have picked you from your hotel we will begin the tour when we drive to Hvalfjordur, if weather allows. Hvalfjordur is a peaceful fjord, with dramatic landscape, waterfalls and cliffs, rich in history. We travel onward over a mountain pass called "Dragi" to the valley of Skorradalur with its crystalline lake and legends of a monster. We will visit the hot spring, Deildartunguhver, which has the highest flow of any hot spring in Europe. The water temperature is 97 degrees and the flow rate is over 180 litres per second.
Today, after breakfast, we will continue our journey around the peninsula of Snaefellsnes. We drive to a ravine named Raudfeldsgja. There is a very beautiful brook flowing from deep within an enormous crack in the mountain wall which cleaves it all the way down to the root of the mountain. We might take a short hike into the murky depths of the ravine but in winter conditions it might be difficult. We estimate that we will be back to Reykjavik city around 19:00 - 20:00 on day two, depending on weather and road conditions. We drop you off at your hotel.
Note: The northern lights don't always show up! It is highly dependent on weather and solar flare activity.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 6 years old
- Hotel pick up & drop off in Reykjavik
- Tour by minibus
- English guidance
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Northern lights search
- Lunch and dinner are not included in the price
- Warm layers of clothes, such as wind and rainproof out shells
- Warm wool socks, hats and gloves
- Thermal or wool middle layer and inner layer
- Sturdy and waterproof hiking boots are a must
- Good to have slippers for the lodge
- Spikes that fit over shoes to provide extra grip on ice
- Travel pillows and pj's are also good things to bring along
- 9:00 AM
- 09:30 AM
- Every day
- Rent hiking shoes (non refundable) - ISK 1,500 p. pers.
- Vatnshellir Cave Tour (Adults 18+) - ISK 3,250 p. pers.
- Vatnshellir Cave Tour (Youth 12-17) - ISK 1,000 p. pers.
- Waterproof jacket- ISK, 1.500 p. pers.
- Waterproof pants - ISK, 1.500 p. pers.
- Luggage storage - ISK, 1.500
- Single rooms (required for solo travelers) - ISK 5,500 p. pers.
Good to know:
- The northern lights don't always show up! It is highly dependent on weather and solar flare activity.