- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Glacier hiking on Sólheimajökull glacier
- The amazing South Coast
- Chasing the Northern Lights
We have combined two of the Iceland´s highlights together in one private trip! Glacier hiking during the day and a northern lights tour in the evening. In between the activities, we stop by at the majestic Skógar waterfall for a traditional two-course dinner at the local restaurant. As every private tour, we will be happy to adjust the program to your needs and wishes! Don´t worry about the equipment, the price of the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear. Also certified and knowledgeable personal guide is a matter of fact on all of our private tours.
*We pick you up at your accommodation in Reykjavík at 12:00.
*The road takes us along a spectacular South coast with ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanos. The journey lasts about 2 hours, making one stop mid way where you can buy lunch and use restroom.
*When we reach the final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier, we gear up at a parking lot and start the hike to the glacier.
*We spend the day hiking through the glacier and exploring crevasses and swell holes. Our guide will introduce you properly the glacial wonder world. After about 2 hours on the ice we make our way back to the parking lot.
*From there we have a 15min drive to Skógafoss waterfall where we will have a traditional two course meal with a magnificent view of the waterfall from the restaurant.
*After a warming meal we will spend the rest of the evening hunting down the spectacles of the northern lights as we make our way back to Reykjavík. Expect to be back at your hotel no later than midnight.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 6:1 per guide
- Personal certified guide
- Rain gear
- Mountaineering boots
- Private transfer in Mercedes minivan
- Technical glacier equipment
- 2 course dinner in the evening at a restaurant
What to bring:
- Personal outdoor clothing
- Small back pack
- 12:00 PM
- 12:30 PM
- Every day
Good to know:
- Don´t worry about the equipment, the price of the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear. Also, knowledgeable and certified guide is a matter of course on all of your tours.
- *One Price for whole tour (1-6 people)