- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Amazing blue ice caves
- Once in a lifetime experience
- Vatnajökull glacier
Iceland trip - reveling natural unique ice caves wonders inside of Vatnajokull glacier, Europe’s largest ice cap. The tour is intended for those who want to enjoy what will hopefully be an unforgettable day - exploring ice caves and getting the chance for great photo opportunities. The tour can take somewhere between 2.5 – 3.5 hours. Meeting point is at Hali Country Hotel, 13 km east of Jokulsarlon (see map). These Iceland activities are accompanied by a local guide, who will take you through the region’s history from settlement until today.
What to expect? Stunning blue ice caves for once in a lifetime experience and magical photo opportunities.
Travel tip: If you're driving from Reykjavik, make sure you are aware drive might take 4+ hours. Accommodations can be found close to from where tour operates.
- Rated 2-3 out of 5 or Easy/Moderate
Meet on Location:
- 20:1 per guide
- Headlamp if needed
- Local guide
What to bring:
- Hiking boots
- Good clothing based on weather
- 3 layers on top: base layer, light sweater like fleece and water or windproof top
- Light warm pants and waterproof if needed
- Thin hat and gloves
- Pickup is not available for this tour
- 09:30 & 13:00 from Hali Country Hotel
- Meeting time is 20 minutes before departure
- Every day from Hali Country Hotel at Hofn í Hornafirdi (13 km east of Jokulsarlon)
- Rain gear 1000,- ISK, - Hiking boots 1000,- ISK
Good to know:
- ✓ Drive from Reykjavik city to Hali Country Hotel is approximately 4+ hours.
- ✓ We therefore recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before tour.
- ✓ You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.vegagerdin.is.
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Glacier Hike & South Coast
A spectacular Iceland day tour, glacier hiking and sightseeing the South Coast of Iceland with magnificent waterfalls, black sandy beaches and ocean views.
- Free pickup
- Glacier hiking Solheimajokull
- Waterfalls & ocean views
- All year