- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Amazing blue ice caves
- Breathtaking scenery
- Unique experience
- Super Jeep action
In this tour you will experience a unique ice cave in the wonders of Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest ice cap. The tour is suitable for those who want to visit a more isolated ice cave and more difficult to access. This tour offers you great photo opportunities and an unforgettable experience. We visit one ice cave in this tour. This cave is more difficult to access and therefore we offer it as a more quiet and personal tour for our participants, where we have only up to 8 persons in each group. The tour is guided by a specialist in glaciers and ice caves. Driving to the location can take 25 – 30 minutes and the walk to the ice cave can take 45 – 90 minutes. We spend approximately 1 hour in the cave. You should have in mind that the walking in this tour is always in the pure Icelandic nature on gravel, rough terrain and glacier.
Certified Tour Operator:
- Rated 4 out of 5 or Demanding
Meet on Location:
- 8:1per guide
- Harness and helmet
- Guided tour with local guide
What to bring:
- Hiking boots
- Good clothing based on weather
- 3 layers on top: base layer, light sweater like fleece and water or windproof top
- Light warm pants and waterproof if needed
- Thin hat and gloves
- Camera and tripod recommended
- 09:00 (Meeting time at 08:40)
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri - from Hali Country Hotel at Höfn í Hornafirði (13 km east of Jökulsárlón)
- Rain gear 1000,- ISK
- Mountain boots 1000,- ISK
Good to know:
- For this tour the participants should be in good hiking condition, Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. You can find accommodation suggestion under useful information on our front page, You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.vegagerdin.is.
- Ice Cave tours are weather dependent. Sometimes Ice Cave tours get canceled with short notice due to safety or weather reasons.
- If that happens, we usually have other options if the weather allows, Super Jeep and Glacier Explore, where we drive to the glacier edge and explore the glacier tongue with many amazing picture moments. This tour we offer for a lower price. If you don´t want to take the Jeep tour we can also give you a 100% refund.
- All glacier trips are undertaken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Ice Climbing & Glaciers
Grab your hiking boots and get ready, because you’re going to hike and climb Sólheimajökull glacier in southern Iceland.
- Guided glacier adventure
- Experienced glacier guides
- Sólheimajökull glacier outlet
- All year
Glacier Hike & South Coast
A spectacular day tour, glacier hiking and sightseeing the South Coast of Iceland with magnificent waterfalls, black sandy beaches and ocean views.
- Sightseeing & glacier hiking
- Glacier hiking Sólheimajökull
- Waterfalls & ocean views
- All year
South Shore Adventure
South shore adventure that includes a visit to Seljalandsfoss & Skógafoss waterfalls and glacier walking and ice climbing on Sólheimajökull glacier.
- Sightseeing the South Coast
- Glacier walking & ice climbing
- Astonishing waterfalls
- All year