- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Hiking one of Iceland highest peaks
- Stunning views
- Natural pools of Laugarfell
Our hiking exploration begins from the remote Snæfellsskáli mountain hut and journeys into the great snowy highlands towards Mt. Snæfell. The view from there on a clear day is both inspiring and humbling. If the conditions are right you may be able to descent Snæfell by sliding down the snowy fields of the mountainside. The day concludes with a well-deserved soak in the outdoor thermal pools at Laugarfell, known by locals for their restorative powers.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All Year
- Rated 3/4 out of 5 or Moderate/Challenging
- Yes (from Egilsstaðir)
Meet on Location:
- Transfer (from Egilsstaðir)
- Use of crampons and hiking poles if needed
- Access to natural pools of Laugarfell
- Lunch & drinks
What to bring:
- Good hiking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Small back pack & rain gear
- Lunch and something to drink
- Swimsuit and towel
- Every day if weather allows
Good to know:
- If you need pick up service to your hotel please advice when you reserve the tour.
- If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, additional charge may apply.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
- For group offers or tailor made options please send us a request.
- 2 adults or minimum rate for this tour to operate
Book this tour
Why choose us?
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
The Volcano Ride - Biking
Three day all mountain tour around mountain Hekla, one of the most active volcanoes on earth with a visit to the colorful highland area of Landmannalaugar.
- 3 day volcano bike riding
- Hekla volcano grounds
- Highlands of Landmannalaugar
Mývatn & Dettifoss
Enjoy visiting the surroundings of Mývatn lake and nearby waterfalls in North Iceland.
- Mývatn lake & surroundings
- Dettifoss & Goðafoss waterfalls
- Pickup available from Akureyri
- All year
Visit the most popular attractions in north Iceland on the Diamond Circle tour.
- Popular sights of North Iceland
- Waterfalls, canyons & craters
- Dettifoss, Ásbyrgi & Víti
- All year