- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Beljandi and Flögufoss waterfalls
- Crystal clear river canyons
- Abandoned farms
- Local country church
This remote corner of the island is known not only for its fragile beauty but also for the peacefulness where one can actually experience pure “silence.” Led by a local expert guide you’ll cross rivers in a modern-day Viking vehicle known as a Super Jeep. On foot you’ll traverse fertile landscapes to a remarkably beautiful waterfall hidden in nature and encounter ancient grass-roofed farmsteads virtually unchanged since the middle of the last century.
Tour begins with a drive into the Breiðdalur valley driving across an old bridge looking down into the crystal clear river in the canyon below. Next stop is by the beautiful waterfall Beljandi where we have to go through tracks and drive across rivers to reach the destination. From there we go to the waterfall Flögufoss where we hike a short way to get the best views. In Jórvík we visit abandoned farms which give a glimpse into who regular Icelanders used to live in the late 19th to early 20th century as well as being in an important geological site and displaying beautiful flora during summertime. At the end of the journey we visit the local church Heydalir where we meet the culture and history of the area.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All Year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Not from Reykjavík (only from Breiðdalsvík)
Meet on Location:
- 12:1 per guide (max)
- Transportation in a Super Jeep
- Guided tour
- Visit to a local church
- Lunch & drinks
What to bring:
- Warm clothes
- Small backpack & rain gear
- Lunch & drinks
- Every day if conditions allow
Good to know:
- Reservation is necessary at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you need pick up service to your hotel please advise when you reserve the tour.
- If you need to be picked up outside of Breiðdalsvík please advise, additional charge may apply.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
- For group offers or tailor made options please send us a request.
- 2 adults or minimum rate for this tour to operate
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
See some of Iceland most remarkable sights from air on this spectacular volcanoes, highlands and glaciers sightseeing flight.
- Highlands sights of Iceland
- Volcanoes & glaciers
- Operated from Bakki airport
- All year
Enjoy the breathtaking volcanoes, glaciers and unspoiled nature of Þórsmörk, the hiker’s paradise!
- Guided Super Jeep tour
- Volcanoes and glaciers
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall stop
- All Year
Iceland's Highest Summit
To stand on Iceland’s highest peak and cast your eyes over the land is an unforgettable experience!
- Hike Iceland's highest summit
- Panoramic views
- Meet on location - Skaftafell