- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- The Golden Circle
- The Highlands of Iceland
- Northern Lights searching
- Super Jeep action
- Highlands Hotel
- Kerlingarfjoll Mountain Range
This two-day journey to the highlands of Iceland offers the best of what nature has to offer: Spectacular scenery, rivers, lakes, geysers, geothermal areas, ice, and glaciers. The area is very secluded and beautiful, and you can stay at the only hotel in all of the highlands
On the first day of this tour we explore the highlights of the famous Golden Circle route. We stop at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir National Park, with Almannagja Canyon, Lake Thingvallavatn, and Oxararfoss Waterfall. We visit the magnificent Geysir Geothermal Area, and one of Iceland’s most stunning waterfalls, Gullfoss Waterfall. At Gullfoss we change vehicles and continue in a super jeep through the totally uninhabited highlands to the secluded Kerlingarfjoll Area where we overnight. On a clear night, this is the perfect place to gaze into eternity - and at auroras.
On the second day we go out and explore the magnificent area of Kerlingarfjoll. Most of the mountains in the area were created by sub-glacial volcanic activity. The oldest mountain in the area is 336.000 years old, and the youngest mountain is 79.000 years old. You have the option of snowshoeing in this great area or going snowmobiling (snowmobiling not included in price, see booking engine). You can also dip into a geothermal pool or just relish in the amazing nature of the highlands.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 10 years old
- Maximum 10 participants
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All transport, mini-bus on lowland but super-jeep up in the highland from Gullfoss to Kerlingarfjoll and back to Gullfoss.
- Dinner on day 1 and breakfast and lunch on day 2
- Northern lights hunting on the first day
What to bring:
- View list below
- Warm layers of clothes, such as wind and rainproof outer shells
- Warm wool socks, hats and gloves
- Thermal or wool middle layer and inner layer
- Sturdy and waterproof hiking boots are a must
- Good to have slippers for the lodge
- Spikes that fit over shoes to provide extra grip on ice
- Travel pillows and pj's are also good things to bring along
- Don’t forget your bathing suit and a towel
- 11:00 AM
- Every day
- Single hotel room: ISK 84.900 per person.
- Double hotel room (2 persons per room only): ISK 79.900 per person.
- Simple cottage accommodation (dorm/shared with others): ISK 74.900 per person.
Good to know:
- You will not have the same guide all the time. We have a Golden Circle expert driving the minibus, and then a super jeep expert driving in the highlands. Drop-off information: We drop you off at your hotel sometime between 20:00 - 21:00 on day two, depending on road and weather conditions.