- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Þórisjökull Glacier
- Langjökull Glacier
- Skjaldbreiður Volcano
- Þingvellir National Park from air
- Reykjavík City & Esja mountain sights
Start your adventure from the Reykjavik Domestic Airport and head onwards toward Þórisjökull glacier. The landing on this tour is on Langjökull glacier, Iceland‘s second biggest glacier, and we grant you the chance to set foot on it. The glacier itself is covered in snow all year round, so you can take a deep breath of the fresh alpine air, make snow angels, or throw snowballs as far as you possibly can. From the peak of the glacier you can see the distinctive features of the wild highlands of Iceland. We then head off to the shield volcano Skjaldbreiður and fly over its crater (sorry, it is an old volcano crater so no lava will be visible). On our way back we overfly Þingvellir National Park, a beautiful valley where the historic parliament site is located and where Iceland‘s largest natural lake is. Right there you will gaze at one of nature‘s wonders - the continental drift of the Eurasian and the North American tectonic plates. There is no better way of seeing the mid-Atlantic ridge than from a helicopter, and for a moment you will geologically be in what we call "no mans land" since you will be between Europe and North America!
Certified Tour Operator:
- All year
- Rated 1 out of 5 or Easy
Meet on Location:
- Yes (Reykjavík Airport)
- Sightseeing Helicopter tour
- Glacier & Þingvellir
- 1 Landing
What to bring:
- Dress warmly
- Morning (from 08:00-13:00) & Afternoon (from 13:00-20:00)
- Every day (from Reykjavík Airport - Norðurflug)
Good to know:
- Our morning departures vary from 08:00 to 13:00, and the evening departures from 13:00 to 20:00.
- Please note that during the winter months, we begin operating later in the day due to the limited amount of daylight we experience in Iceland.
- Any passengers over 120 kg / 265 lbs / 19 stone are required to pay for 1.5 seats in the helicopter. This will ensure that everyone on the tour has a comfortable and safe ride!
- Minimum 3 passengers required
You might also like
Paragliding - South Coast
Paragliding is the simplest and purest form of flying available...
- Paragliding South Coast
- Unique gliding experience
- Meet on location tour
- All year
This flight as a great way to experience the beauty of Reykjavík from a unique point of view, with a local free flying enthusiast.
- See Reykjavík from above
- Fun sightseeing flight
- Ultra light Buggy airplane
- All year
Reykjavík Mountains Flight
Sightseeing flight over nearby Reykjavík area and mountains. We fly over the greater Reykjavík area and the nearby mountains like Hengill, Bláfjöll and Esja among others. This tour is only available during the winter season.
- 20 min Sightseeing flight over Reykjavík
- Overlook nearby mountains and city scape