- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall & Geysir geothermal area
- 1 hour snowmobile tour on Langjökull - Iceland's second largest glacier
First we stop at Þingvellir National Park which is known for its exceptional beauty and historical importance. Þingvellir is as well a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. The second stop is at the high-temperature geothermal area known as Geysir, with its numerous spouting hot springs. From there we drive to Langjökull where we take a one hour exhilarating snowmobile tour on the vast white snow cap. On our way back to Reykjavík we stop by the stunning Gullfoss waterfall.
- All year
- Rated 3 out of 5 or Moderate
- 6 years old
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
- 1 hour guided snowmobile tour (2 persons per vehicle)
- Protective clothing and safety equipment for the snowmobile ride
- Pick up is up to 30 minutes before departure
- Meals, snacks & drinks
What to bring:
- Lunch & something to drink (stops are also made on the way)
- Warm & waterproof clothes recommended
- Good hiking shoes
- Warm gloves & cap
- 8:30 AM
- 09:00 AM
- Every day
- Extra cost for one person per vehicle is 6.000 ISK. Paid to tour operator at Langjökull glacier.
Good to know:
- Operation of this tour depends on conditions on the glacier. Due to sudden and unexpected weather changes the snowmobile ride might be cancelled after tour's departure from Reykjavík.
- A valid driver's licence is required.
- 2 persons per vehicle; single person per vehicle at extra cost.
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour.