- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Spectacular South Coast of Iceland
- Guided hiking on Sólheimajökull outlet glacier
- Scenic stop at Skógafoss waterfall
Join us on one of Iceland’s most popular day trip from Reykjavík, yet different with us. In group of only 6 guests accompanied by experienced and qualified guide we go to the south coast of Iceland, experiencing a spectacular guided trip along rivers, waterfalls and volcanoes with a final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier.
See the program of your trip:
*We pick you up at your accommodation in Reykjavík at 08:00. Please note that it can take about 20 minutes to pick everyone up.
*The road takes us along a spectacular south coast with ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanoes.
*The journey lasts about 2 hours, making one stop mid way where you can buy lunch and use restroom.
*Before 10:45 we reach the final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier.
*We gear up at parking lot and start the hike to the glacier.
*We spend the day hiking through the glacier and exploring crevasses and swell holes.
*Our guide will introduce you properly the glacial wonder world.
*After about 2,5 to 3 hours on the ice we make our way back to the parking lot.
*From there we have a 15 min drive to Skógafoss waterfall where we make a short scenic stop.
*The ones with some energy left can climb up to enjoy magnificent view of the waterfall from above.
*Afterwards we drive back to Reykjavík aiming to be at your hotel between 17:00 and 18:00.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All year
- Rated 3 out of 5 or Moderate
- Yes (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- 6:1 per guide
- Certified glacier guide
- Mountaineering boots
- Private transfer
- Technical glacier equipment
- Lunch & drinks
What to bring:
- Personal outdoor clothing
- Water bottle
- Small backpack
- 07:30 AM
- 08:00 AM
- Every day
Good to know:
- Don´t worry about the equipment, the price of the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear. Also, low client to guide ratio is a matter of course, same as experienced and certified guides.
- Meet us at location! Join us at Sólheimajökull parking lot (Road#221) at 10:45 for the glacier hiking tour. Trip duration: 4 hours (round trip from parking lot at Sólheimajökull)
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
South Shore Adventure
South shore adventure that includes a visit to Seljalandsfoss & Skógafoss waterfalls and glacier walking and ice climbing on Sólheimajökull glacier.
- Sightseeing the South Coast
- Glacier walking & ice climbing
- Astonishing waterfalls
- All year
Ice Climbing & Glaciers
Grab your hiking boots and get ready, because you’re going to hike and climb Sólheimajökull glacier in southern Iceland.
- Guided glacier adventure
- Experienced glacier guides
- Sólheimajökull glacier outlet
- All year
Glacier Hike & South Coast
A spectacular day tour, glacier hiking and sightseeing the South Coast of Iceland with magnificent waterfalls, black sandy beaches and ocean views.
- Sightseeing & glacier hiking
- Glacier hiking Sólheimajökull
- Waterfalls & ocean views
- All year