- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Sightseeing flight
- Reykjavík area and nearby mountains
This is the ultimate adventure sightseeing tour of the stunning nature surrounding Reykjavík (English translation: Smoky Bay). The aircraft is a two-seater, slow flying “Ultralight” aircraft, able to fly low over the ground. The wings are overhead and the windows open fully, giving you a perfectly unhindered view of the ground below. Be prepared for an unparalleled photographic view! Your aerial view: the vast Atlantic ocean, Reykjavík city and it’s tiny islands, lava fields and the geothermal area producing the smoke giving Reykjavík it’s name. You will explore: the rugged mountains and lava formations of the bay, coastline skimming with possible seal sightings, up-close mountain soaring among birds. Adrenaline option: optional aerobatic stomach-churning moves (if that’s your cup of tea). If conditions allow you might get to take the wheel (joystick, actually).
- All year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Yes (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- Under 18 years need parents written permission. Weight: 20 – 110 kg.
- Ultralight flight
- Lava fields
- Coastline skimming (seal spotting)
- Mountains surrounding Reykjavík
What to bring:
- Comfortable Clothes
- 30 min before departure
- from 09:00-19:00 (every other hour)
- Every Day
- Video/Photos from flight - ISK 5,000 p. pers
Good to know:
- First lesson of aviation: due to weather changes we can never guarantee a flight. If we need to cancel your booking because of weather you can either re-book for another try or choose one of our other Free Flying experiences. Due to how fast the weather changes in Iceland we can never guarantee a flight. If we do not manage to get you airborne during your stay in Iceland, you will receive a 100% refund.