- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Diving crystal clear waters of Silfra Fissure
- Exploring Cracks and Canyons
- In between two continental plates
- Amazing scenery & once in a lifetime experience
- Travel Iceland heritage sites of Thingvellir National Park
Diving Silfra Iceland tour with one guided dive. Your guide will assist you in setting up your dive equipment. We only use high quality Buddy and BARE brand SCUBA equipment and APEX regulators. Dive will take around 30-40 minutes with a maximum depth of 18 meters. Nevertheless, if the outside temperature drops below 0°C in the winter, we conduct only one extended (40-45 minute) dive. This is done for the safety and comfort of our divers. Don’t hesitate to ask your guide or let them know if you need some further assistance with your diving gear.
What to expect? You will explore four main parts of Silfra fissure. We start by floating through Silfra’s narrowest section “Big Crack”, where you have the option of having your photo taken. As the fissure widens you find yourself in the magical Silfra Hall where ducks and geese are frequently paddling overhead. We next enter the Silfra Cathedral, near to the opening to Thingvallavatn. You will often be able to see the rising bubbles ‘chandelier effect’. We finish the dive in the stunning visibility of the Silfra Lagoon.
Travel tip: SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent) is required to be able to participate.
- All year
- Rated 5 out of 5 or Demanding
Meet on Location:
- 18 years old
- 3:1 per guide
- Free hotel pickup & drop off
- Expert guide
- 1 guided dive (if temperature drops below 0°C we do only 1 dive)
- All necessary equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies in the dive break
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
- Meals & drinks
What to bring:
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- 08:00 AM (Summer), 09:00 AM (Fall), 10:00 AM (Winter)
- Every day
Good to know:
- ✓ Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement.
- ✓ Further information regarding meeting point will be provided when tour has been booked.
- ✓ Be physically fit
- ✓ Participants must: be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- ✓ Have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives
- ✓ Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- ✓ Having read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- ✓ Be at minimum 45 kg / maximum 120 kg
- ✓ Be at minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- ✓ Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- ✓ Be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- ✓ Not be pregnant
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Kayaking Power Challenge
Kayaking Power Challenge is organized tour with sea kayaking guide exploring beautiful south shore and wildlife.
- Meet on location tour
- Sea kayaking
- Nature & wildlife
- All year
Private Diving & Snorkeling
Iceland guided tours - we can offer private diving or snorkeling tours with your personal guide and vehicle. These tours can be custom-made and include elements that are not part of the regular tour.
- Private Diving or Snorkeling tour
- Personal guide & driver
- Silfra fissure rift valley's
- All year
Snorkeling & Golden Circle
Silfra fissure is one of the most magical areas of Iceland to go under water. We then head to Iceland's most popular attractions -the Golden Circle.
- Free pickup
- Snorkeling clear waters
- Golden Circle attractions
- All year
Snorkeling & Horse Riding
This is a great Iceland day tour for the whole family – you do not need experience to snorkel or ride horses, the Icelandic horses are an extremely special and protected breed.
- Combo day tour
- Snorkeling in Silfra fissure
- Riding the Icelandic horse
- Summer & Fall