- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Diving Silfra Fissure
- Exploring the volcanic underground
- Dive in between North America & Europe's tectonic plates
- Once in a lifetime experience
- Heritages sites of Þingvellir National Park
Your travel starts when we pick you up from your accommodation or hotel in Reykjavik city. The drive to Thingvellir National Park is around 40 minutes, during your guide will educate you about the history of Silfra and unique geological surrounding of Thingvellir area. When you arrive at the Silfra fissure, your guide will provide you with a detailed briefing of the dive site and essential aspects of dry suit diving.
What to expect? During your dive you will explore the four main parts of Silfra Fissure. You will float through the Big Crack first, Silfra’s narrowest section, where you can have your ‘Dive Between the Continents’ photo taken. As the Silfra fissure widens you will find yourself in Silfra Hall with the possibility of spotting local ducks and geese paddling overhead. Near the opening to Thingvallavatn Lake we enter the majestic Silfra Cathedral – the deepest point of the dive. If there are divers ahead you will easily see the mesmerizing ‘chandelier effects’ of their rising bubbles. Lastly, your dive will conclude in the relaxed, endless visibility of Silfra Lagoon.
After the dive, we will make our way back along a 250 meter path with our dive gear and then warm our hands and spirits with hot chocolate and cookies. Don’t hesitate to let your guide know if you need assistance with your gear on the walk back! The Silfra Diving Tour includes one dive which will take about 30-40 minutes, with a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Travel tip: All divers on this Silfra Diving Tour must have dry suit diving certification OR 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date, which must be confirmed with written proof from a diving instructor. Make sure to have a sip of Silfra's crystal clear water - since you'll probably not get the chance again to taste a water so pure.
- All year
- Rated 5 out of 5 or Demanding
Meet on Location:
- 17 years old
- 3:1 per guide when diving
- Hotel pick up & drop off in Reykjavik (special stops)
- Expert guide
- One guided dive
- All necessary equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after diving in Silfra
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra,
- Meals & drinks
What to bring:
- Your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- Proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Long underwear & Thick socks
- Please refer to the booking calendar on the right or contact us email@example.com to confirm your pick up time.
- Every day
Good to know:
- Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found with the Medical Statement. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour.
- *Be physically fit
- *Participants must: be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- *Have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives
- *Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- *Having read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- *Be at minimum 150 cm / maximum 200 cm
- *Be at minimum 45 kg / maximum 120 kg
- *Be at minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- *Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- *Be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- *Not be pregnant
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Diving & Horse Riding
This day trip in Iceland is available from 1st of April to 30th of September. Go diving in the crystal clear waters of Silfra and enjoy a horse riding tour in Icelandic nature and countryside.
- Free pickup
- Deep waters of Silfra
- Horse riding tour
Private Diving & Snorkeling
Iceland guided tours - we can offer private diving or snorkeling tours with your personal guide and vehicle. These tours can be custom-made and include elements that are not part of the regular tour.
- Private Diving or Snorkeling tour
- Personal guide & driver
- Silfra fissure rift valley's
- All year
Snorkeling & Golden Circle
Silfra fissure is one of the most magical areas of Iceland to go under water. We then head to Iceland's most popular attractions - that is the Golden Circle.
- Free pickup
- Snorkeling clear waters
- Golden Circle attractions
- All year
Snorkeling & Horse Riding
This is a great Iceland day tour for the whole family – you do not need experience to snorkel or ride horses, the Icelandic horses are an extremely special and protected breed.
- Free pickup
- Snorkeling in Silfra fissure
- Riding the Icelandic horse