- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Have a fun local guide show you all the best of our hometown, Reykjavik
- Taste our grass fed and free roaming Icelandic lamb that every Icelander grew up loving
- Enjoy home made Icelandic ice cream from a secret family recipe
- Taste the best local cheese & try our rooted tradition Skyr
- Visit the famous Icelandic hot dog stand for a hot dog “with everything”
- Taste our local specialty: An authentic seafood soup
Our Reykjavik Food Tour is safe, family friendly and the perfect local introduction to our delicious Icelandic food. In our Reykjavik Food Tour you will walk in and around down town Reykjavik with a knowledgeable local guide for approximately 3-4 hours and see most of the city’s most beautiful attractions.
What to expect? First and foremost we will of course be exploring Reykjavik through the local food as we will visit 5-6 unique restaurants and enjoy delicious Icelandic cuisines. The restaurants we visit are a variety of casual, fine dining and family run businesses. Some are well-known “must visit restaurants” in Reykjavik while other are secret local hangouts. For this tour we decided to focus on our absolute most delicious Icelandic cuisines and leave behind some less mouth-watering traditional cuisines – like fermented shark, rams testicles and sour sheep heads! But your local guide will be more than happy to suggest to you where you can find such things.
Travel tip: Great tour to do if you have accommodation downtown or central area and would like to explore some local Reykjavik food.
- All Year
Meet on Location:
- Gudied food tour
- Taste of Reykjavík
- 11:30 AM, 12:30, 13:30 and 17:00 PM
- From Harpa Music Hall (Austurbakki 2, 101 Reykjavík)
- We will send you a personal email with all the details for our tour when we receive your booking!
- Every day
Good to know:
- All our tours are with small groups to ensure a personal and local experience. So, please book in advance when possible since dates tend to get fully booked rather early! From April-September we also host our delicious morning food tours starting at 10am!
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
This hike over Fimmvörðuháls is probably the best known in Iceland - this popular trail marks the sighting of the first phase of the 2010 eruption of Eyjafjallajökull.
- 3 day Fimmvörðuháls hike
- Iceland's most popular hike
- Astonishing landscape & nature
Flybus Plus - Reykjavik Hotel to Keflavik Airport
Pickup from your Hotel and transfer to Keflavik Airport.
- Pickup from your hotel and transfer to Keflavik Airport
- Around 1 hour drive from Reykjavik Hotel to Keflavik Airport
- All Year
Reykjavik Whale Watching
A classic Whale Watching tour from Reykjavik old harbor. Spend the day watching whales at sea, in their natural habitat, and then learning more about them in the largest whale exhibition in Europe!
- Whale watching from Reykjavik
- Guide & use of warm overalls
- Whale exhibition center access
- All Year