- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Mývatn lake
- Nature steam bath
This tour is one of the most popular Mountain Bike tours in northern Iceland. You cycle with us into the bright summer evening on a mountain bike. On our way we stop by the “underground bakery” where the locals bake their well known Geysir bread. We then continue past the first steam generator in Iceland and head to the old steam bath, the old bathing caves close to the fissure Cave of Grjótagjá, and after visiting the cave we go to the Mývatn Nature baths for an hour of relaxing in the warm water and natural steam baths. After a nice soak we get back on our mountain bikes and head back to our office again.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Only from Mývatn area (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- 14 years old
- Entrance fee to the Nature baths included
What to bring:
- Bring swimsuits & towels with you or rent some at the Nature baths
- Pickup starts at 17:30
- Pickup for extra price - 5,000 ISK (Mývatn and nearby area only)
- 18:00 (Meeting time at 17:45)
- Every day from Hike & Bike office in Reykjahlíð, Mývatn.
- Baby seat - ISK 3,000,
- Kids Bicycle trailer - ISK 3,000
- Bottled Water - ISK 250 p. pers
Good to know:
- We will be cycling on a gravel road a large portion of the way to the Nature baths, as well as cycling partly on asphalt road. There are a few small hills on the way but mostly downhill and on asphalt on the way back. We make multiple stops on the way, so we have time for photos and enjoying the scenery.
- A minimum of two participants for departure