- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Glider flying aircraft
- Stunning views
- Lunar - volcanic craters, lava fields and mountains
- Upside-Down (optional)
Silently soaring above the lunar-like landscape of Icelandic lava fields, just outside of Reykjavík, is an out of this world experience! Once the Glider has been towed aloft by a powered aircraft it relies on thermals or ridge soaring to stay airborne. Gliders have an excellent glide range and can reach a top speed of up to 280 km/h. The Glider will take you over the Blue Mountains area scattered with volcanic craters. You will see how the lava once flowed, now frozen in volcanic veins across the ground. Your view to the West is of the Greater Reykjavík area and the Atlantic Ocean. To the East you will see the South Coast stretching down the horizon towards Eyjafjallajökull. To take the experience on an even higher level you can ask your pilot for some aerobatic moves. This is addictive, consider yourself warned.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- Yes (extra cost)
Meet on Location:
- Under 18 years need parents written permission. Weight: 20 – 110 kg.
- Glider flight
- Lunar landscape of Iceland
- Blue mountains of Reykjavík
What to bring:
- Comfortable Clothes
- 30 min before departure
- from 10:00-20:00 (every other hour)
- Every day
- Video/Photos from flight - ISK 5,000 p. pers
Good to know:
- If we need to cancel your booking because of weather you can either re-book for another try or choose one of our other Free Flying experiences. Due to how fast the weather changes in Iceland we can never guarantee a flight. If we do not manage to get you airborne during your stay in Iceland, you will receive a 100% refund. An Ultralight Adventure Flight is a legitimate Introductory flight operated by licensed Ultralight Instructor pilots from the Reykjavík Free Flying Club.
Book this tour
Why choose us?
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Reykjavík Mountains Flight
Sightseeing flight over nearby Reykjavík area and mountains. We fly over the greater Reykjavík area and the nearby mountains like Hengill, Bláfjöll and Esja among others. This tour is only available during the winter season.
- 20 min Sightseeing flight over Reykjavík
- Overlook nearby mountains and city scape
Catch a glimpse of the rough but magical beauty Iceland's volcanic landscape is known for.
- 60-80 minutes sightseeing helicopter tour from Reykjavík
- Exploring volcanic landscape of Reykjanes Peninsula
- All year
Into the Glacier & Sightseeing Flight
Sightseeing flight over glaciers, volcanoes & waterfalls, and to Langjökull glacier where we literally go inside the ancient glacier.
- Sightseeing flight w/landing & visit inside a glacier tunnel
- Glacier, volcanoes and waterfalls seen from air