- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Private glacier hike with certified guide
- Magnificent South Coast
- Glacier lagoon & Diamond Beach
- Stops at Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfall
- Black sandy beaches
- Skaftafell National Park
Have a semi-private, personal view of waterfalls, glaciers, volcanoes and the black sand beaches with your certified guide. Whether you like easy leisure, more adventure or a bit of both this tour is made for you. All of Iceland highlights in a single itinerary for modern people who like to make the best of their time. Don´t worry about the equipment, the price of the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear.
Day 1 (scenic day)
At 08:00, your guide will pick you up at your accommodation and the group departs Reykjavík. Driving along the south coast of Iceland is majestic, with small villages and endless history. The first stop is Seljalandsfoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s most popular sights. As the tour drives along the south coast, the next stop is Skógarfoss waterfall for a relaxing view of the cascading waterfall. Lunch will be at Reynisfjara beach bistro, where you can fill up before walking down to the black sand beach and enjoy the geological formations and the infamous Atlantic Ocean breaking on the beach. In the afternoon, the group departs towards Skaftafell national park where we get oriented at our accommodation before a well-deserved dinner and rest in the evening at a local hotel located underneath Iceland’s most spectacular mountain ranges.
Day 2 (activity day)
After breakfast, at 09:00 the group departs the Hotel and drives further east towards the popular and spectacular Glacier lagoon where the Breiðamerkurjökull glacier calves into the lagoon. A sight no one should miss while in the country. See the glacier ice in the clear water and the icy black sand beaches. In the afternoon, we will go for a glacier walk on the Svínafellsjökull glacier with your certified glacier guide. All technical equipment is introduced in detail, and the group explores the glacial wonder world for about 1.5hours before driving back to Reykjavík city with sightseeing stops along the way.
Certified Tour Operator:
- All year
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 8:1 per guide
- Pickup & drop-off at accommodation in Reykjavík
- Private guide for the duration of the tour
- Glacier walk & equipment
- Accommodation (Double room) on day 1 & Breakfast on day 2
- Shoes & rain wear for the glacier walk
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner on day 1
- Lunch & dinner on day 2
- Personal outdoor clothing
- Accommodation in Reykjavík city
- 08:00 AM
- 08:30 AM
- Every day
Good to know:
- Don´t worry about the equipment, the price of the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear.
You might also like
Northern Lights & Ice Cave
A long awaited winter break in a 4 star hotel, with sightseeing, light hiking and activities!
- 2 day winter adventure
- Glacier hiking & ice caving
- Chasing the Northern Lights
Golden Circle & Glaciers
Winter short break with ice cave, glacier hiking and hunting for the Northern Lights!
- 3 day winter excursion
- Ice Cave & Glaciers
- Waterfalls & sandy beaches
Adventure Surf Tour
A tour designed to find and chase the best possible waves in Iceland.
- Tour & surf guide for 5 days
- Surfing around Iceland
- All surf gear & meals included
- All year
Shadows of Vatnajökull
East Iceland Trekking tour from the deserted farmland of the eastern coves, through the wilderness east of Vatnajökull glacier and to Skaftafell.
- 4 day trekking adventure tour
- Hiking East wilderness
- Operated from Egilsstaðir