- Tour Overview
- Tour Information
- Tour Details
- Golden Circle attractions
- Ice cave & glacier hiking
- Hunting for Northern Lights
This three day Iceland excursion tour embraces the highlights of the South of Iceland. It includes the historical and geological Thingvellir National Park, the majestic Golden waterfall Gullfoss, the world famous Geysir hot spring, the renowned Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon not to forget the immense black beaches and beautiful waterfalls of the south coast. On top of these unique natural wonders the tour includes exciting activities like a Glacier Walk and a tour the Ice Cave (from November). We spend two nights at a family run country hotel where we enjoy traditional Icelandic dinners. This is also a perfect place for our Northern Lights hunts!
Day 1: Geologic history, Geysers & Waterfalls.
Pick up between 8:15 and 8:45 by your guide and driver at your accommodation. We leave the capital towards the National Park of Thingvellir. There we walk along the faults and fissures of the area that make evident the rifting of the earth's crust and hear about the major historic events that have taken place at this UNESCO world heritage site. We continue towards Geysir geothermal area and witness the spouting spring Strokkur that erupts up to 30 meters high and close by the majestic Gullfoss waterfall. From there we drive along the scenic south coast for dinner and overnight at a country hotel near Kirkjubæjarklaustur. Northern lights hunting in the evening if the weather permits.
Day 2: Glaciers, Icebergs & Ice caving.
Today we head further east along Europe’s largest glacier Vatnajokull. Our first stop will be at the renowned Glacier Lagoon Jökulsarlon filled with huge floating icebergs. The afternoon will be adventurous and includes a tour into the crystal ice caves. In late afternoon we return to our hotel for dinner. The evening will be spent northern light hunting if the weather permits.
Day 3: Black beaches, Waterfalls & Glacier walking
On our journey back to Reykjavik we take time to stop and enjoy the picturesque landscape of the South Coast and we stroll along the black beaches of Vik and Reynisfjara, being aware of the big and powerful waves of the Atlantic Ocean. We will experience exciting glacier walk on Glacier Solheimajokull and we will take a close look at the beautiful waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss before returning to Reykjavik in late afternoon.
Please note that the itinerary might change due to weather conditions.
- Rated 2 out of 5 or Easy
- 13 years old
- Maximum 16 participants
- Breakfast and dinner
- Ice Cave tour and a Glacier Walk
- Outdoor clothing
- Hiking boots
What to bring:
- See equipment list below ↓
- Light hiking boots
- Thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic
- Wind and waterproof jacket and pants, hiking pants
- Gloves, Warm socks, Warm hats
- Extra warm jacket / parka for cold days (winter)
- Small backpack for clothes and items used during the day – 20L (1200 cu in), Water bottle
- Sunglasses and sun protection (summer & spring)
- Casual clothes / change of clothes
- Prescription medication and other personal health items
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc
- Swim suit (depends on tour)
- Walking pole(s), Sun/rain Hat or a Cap
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films
- 8:15 AM
- 8:45 AM
- Every Thursday & Sunday from November to March
- Single supplements, ISK 13,500
- Hiking boots, ISK 1,000
Book this tour
- No Booking Fees
- Best Price Guarantee
- Fast & Secure Booking
- Instant Confirmation
You might also like
Volcanic Trail Trekking
The Volcanic Trails is a trekking tour combining three distinct sections through volcanic landscape which is one of the most various and complete to be found in the entire world.
- 10 day vacation package
- Trekking volcanic landscape
- Iceland's most amazing areas
Iceland’s most famous trek lives up to the hype. The landscape combined with long and bright Icelandic summer nights, will capture your nature loving heart.
- 5 day adventure trekking
- Vibrant rhyolite mountains
- Þórsmörk canyons & valleys
Shadows of Vatnajökull
East Iceland Trekking tour from the deserted farmland of the eastern coves, through the wilderness east of Vatnajökull glacier and to Skaftafell.
- 4 day trekking adventure tour
- Hiking East wilderness
- Operated from Egilsstaðir
This hike over Fimmvörðuháls is probably the best known in Iceland - this popular trail marks the sighting of the first phase of the 2010 eruption of Eyjafjallajökull.
- 3 day Fimmvörðuháls hike
- Iceland's most popular hike
- Astonishing landscape & nature